Sunday 6 October 2013

Describe Success!

            Success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. Every once in a lifetime, a person thinks of success. Everyone wants to achieve success. Many people think success as money. However, I think that success be can described as happiness. Although you have lots of money, if you’re sad and depressed, you are not really successful. Success can also be expressed in pride.
            Money is the main thought when you think of success. This means that you have lots of money, a big house, and other valuable stuff. However, success doesn’t always have to relate to money. It can be a small amount of achievement. I mean by small achievement by winning a tournament, achieving driver’s license, and other minor things. When you ask a person have you succeeded in life? Many people will think they have not succeeded. They belittle themselves and treat them inferior to others. However, if a person thinks back to his life, there would be at least a small success that he achieved. If I think back to my life, there are a lot of achievements that I did. First one is riding my bicycle. When I was young, I was scared of riding the bicycle alone. I always had my father hold the backside and guide me. I was scared of falling down and scratching myself. However, as I rode together with my father, I thought I could ride it alone. Once, my father was guiding me through and I started to go forward as usual. When I looked back, I was surprised because my father was not holding my seat, and I found out that I was riding the bicycle alone. Small achievements such as this is also treated as a success to me.
            Another successful achievement in my life was beating my dad in arm wrestle. It was last year when I challenged my dad to an arm wrestle. Before last year, I always lost to my dad, however, in 10th grade, surprisingly, I beat my dad for the first time. I consider this as a success because I’ve never been able to do it for a long time, and it was what I achieved during my life. Small achievements such as this can be considered as success.
            Success in my perspective is happiness. Even though you have a lot of money, if you are left alone without friends or spouse, you can’t call yourself successful. Although money is important, a good wife and friends are considered more important. When you achieve something, there is this weird feeling that comes. I think that it is happiness and pride. When I first got my part time job, I felt as if I was an adult. However, it wasn’t easy work. It was teaching math to my neighbor. I went 3 times a week and earned $100 in one month. After I got the money, I felt successful in my own way and proud.

            Success can be described in many ways, and there are many perspective of other people of success. People think of it as money, and having a good job, others predict it as happiness, pride, and others. Even the smallest achievements can be considered success depending on a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment