Sunday 6 October 2013

                So today's topic is what do I want on my tombstone? This is hard... because there are only little amount of time that I spent thinking about my death. Tombstone is a statue in front of a person's grave. I have never thought about my tombstone because no one ever wants to die. I have thought about other people's deaths, but I have never quite thought about my death. However, if I was to write something on my tombstone, I would first write my name and my date of birth and the country that I was born in. I would probably include a picture.
                If I was to write something on my tombstone, it would first be my name. My name is important to me because it tells me who I am. In Korea, there is meaning to each name. My grandfather gave me my name. Everyone has a meaning to their name, and that meaning can be determined by the letters. Each letter in a Korean's name means something. In my name, Kim means gold, Yong means rising dragon, and Kwang means a well. My name means that I will be like a dragon who will one day rise from the well and to the living world. My grandfather thought about this name because he wanted me to be famous. On my tombstone, it would say my Korean name. It would describe who I am and what my name means. Although name might be considered not really important, I personally think that my name is more important than anything in my life. It is what I got from my birth. My grandfather died when I was in age 3. Although I have little information of my grandfather, I heard that he always tried to buy me a lot of stuffs. He was always there when I needed help. He always guided me. He was the one who helped me walk when I was young. He held my hands and guided me to walking. Since my name was given to me by my grandfather, I consider it as the most important thing in my life.
                Next thing I would put on my tombstone would be my date of birth. Date of birth explains how old I am, and when I was born. The date I was born is September 26, 1996. This means that when the day that I die comes, people would know how old I am. They would know when I was born, and where I came from. I was born in Korea, and it describes of who I am Therefore, if I was to put something on my tombstone, I would include my city. It gives my ethnicity and how I would be proud to be a Korean.
                Another thing would be picture. Picture would be the best thing to represent who I am. This would show how I look like and how I would be. Many people look at a person’s face and determine their personality. In my opinion, I think I look kind. Therefore, when people see the picture on my tombstone, they would know that I would be kind if I was alive. I want people to think good about me. The picture would do a good job of doing that.

                Many people have never thought about their tombstone. This is same with me. I have never thought about my death and this is the hardest topic that I have encountered with.

No comments:

Post a Comment