Monday 28 October 2013

Big school or small school!

             Do I favor big school or small school? In my opinion, I believe that small school is better than big school. This is because I think that when you’re in a smaller school, you get to know your teacher and friends better than when you’re in a bigger school. If I was to choose between big school and small school, I would choose big school.
             The first main reason why I favor small school is that you get to know your teacher and friends better than when you’re in big school. I honestly do not know what the bigger school seems like because all the schools I went in Saipan are small schools. However, when I was in elementary school, my school was big. There were about 5 classes for one grade level. This was the reason why I had friends only in my classroom. However, when I came here, my first school that I went was San VIncente and Dan Dan. These two schools were not small but not big as Korea. In this school, same as Korea, I made friends that were only in my classrooms and I didn’t know a lot of students and teachers in my grade level. When I was 6th grade, I moved to a smaller school which was Calvary Christian Academy. This was a small school that had only one classroom for one grade level. After being to both big and small schools, I think that small schools are better. When I was in CCA, I had many friends not only in my classroom, but also in higher grade level classroom. I had close relationships with the teachers in CCA, and I liked being there.
             However, there are also an advantage in attending a big school. The main reason would be that there would be more cultural differences and many different types of students. This is good because when you go to college, you need to face many different types of people and different types of cultures. Attending big schools would be good in that it prepares you for college, to be familiar to different types of cultures. When I was in Dan Dan Elementary School, there were many different types of ethnicity. Starting from Koreans to Chinese to Chamorro students. This gave me a wider perspective toward many different things. I knew how to please a Chinese friend and how to please a Korean friend. Cases like this would prepare not only for college, but also it will make me into a better person because it makes me look not only into one type of eyesight, but many. I now can feel how Koreans, Chinese, and Chammorro people feel, and how to be close with them.

             Small and big school have its different advantages and disadvantages. Small schools make people more united, and big schools give you a more wide variety of your perspective toward people, things, places, and many others. If I was to go to a big or small school, I would definitely choose smaller schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment