Sunday 6 October 2013

Should computer games be allowed?

                Should games be allowed? When you are young, you encounter game at least once in your life. There are many advantages and disadvantages playing a game. There are a lot of types of games. My first encounter with games was when I played Maplestory. Maplestory is a RPG game where you hunt monsters and level up. Despite the simplicity, many people started playing and soon it was the number one ranking game in Korea. When I was young, I liked to compete with my friends and determine who was better. At this time, I stayed up until midnight playing the game. However, I later knew that it was bad for my health and eyesights. Therefore, I stopped playing that game for a long time.  As I grew older, I started playing Sudden Attack. Sudden Attack is a FPS game where you shoot other people and lead your team into winning. Everyone likes game and plays it at least one time in their life. However, would games be bad? And would people have to make it not allowed? I am for allowing games. Games should be allowed because if you know how to control, it releases stress, and gives you a fresh mind after all the hard works.
                Games should have their advantages and disadvantages just like any other activities. First advantage is that when you are stressed out from work and you want to relax, game is one way of dispersing the stress. When I was in 10th grade, there were many times when I was stressed out because of school work and tests. However, I was able to go through this because I played the game Sudden Attack. This was the game where you shoot people. This released my stresss because it made me lessen my stress.
                Despite the advantages, there are also disadvantages. When you play video games or just any type of game, your eyesights become worse. This is the main disadvantages. Even though there are disadvantages, I still think that games should be allowed. Any other things have their own disadvantages. The only thing that a person have to watch out is not to be addicted to it. I saw many instances where a person got addicted to a game and couldn’t figure out the difference between the real life and the game life. They thought that the living world was a type of game. A person in Korea was known to be addicted to Counter strike. This was the game of shooting people. However, the person couldn’t control himself. He later went out and bought a gun and started killing people. However, this is only a small amount of cases. If you control yourself and stop, games would be a stress release and would be fun.

                Games are good and bad in both ways. They have advantages and disadvantages. The first advantage was that it would release stress. However, there are disadvantages that follow. The disadvantages include making your eyesights worse. It also makes the person addicted to it. However, if you control yourself to stop at the line between addiction and just playing for fun, you will be okay. Therefore, games should be allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment