Thursday 12 September 2013

Seven Types of Greed

             There are seven types of deadly sins in the world today. It is greed, gluttony, lust, envy, sloth, wrath, and pride. Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. Many people call it avarice. Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires. Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasure of the body. Envy is the desire for others’ traits, status, abilities, or situation. Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work. Wrath is also known as anger or rage. It is described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger.
             In my opinion, I think that I am guiltiest of the sin, sloth. Sloth is also known as laziness or sluggishness. The reason why I think that I am lazy is because whenever I’m required to do something, I kind of do it late. Also, when I’m doing my homework, I usually lie down on my bed and do it. Once, I was lying down on the bed and fell asleep. After I woke up, I was going to watch the television, so I tried to look for the remote control. It was like four feet apart. I tried to reach it with my hand, but I couldn’t. So I decided to not watch the TV and go back to sleep. Whenever my mom wakes me up, I always lie on the bed asking for 5 more minutes. My mom is the type of mom that doesn’t spank a child if they don’t do what they told them to do. Therefore, whenever my mom try to wake me up, I can’t actually what she’s saying and I just go back to sleep. This would be a bad habit, and I would like to fix my problem.
             There was one time in Korea when I was in the subway station. There was an escalator and the stairs. I tried to go on the escalator but there were too many people. On the other hand, there were like no people on the stairs. A lot of people like me are lazy to even walk a little bit because there is a more convenient way of doing things. They just want the world to give them what they want without trying hard. People nowadays are like that and they should change. This would lead to many people being lazy and making the world a slow pace world.
             There is one more sin I am guilty of. It is greed. Whenever I want something, I need more than that. Even when I was young, if I saw anything I liked, I asked and begged my mom to buy it. Like this cases, I am very guilty of my sins. I am guilty of my greed and sloth. This two combined is the worst. Even until now, I sometimes feel greed. Greed is something that you have to get rid of in your life to make your life better. I also have greed towards stuff that I want to buy. When I was in Korea, I got allowances from my parents and cousins. I first went to the mall that sold clothes and other stuffs. My brother and I went to the clothing section and on the first day, we bought clothes amounting up to $300. However, after few days later, I was looking for my clothes and I thought that it wasn’t enough. The next week, I went again to buy more clothes. Even after that, I was constantly buying clothes and using my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment