Tuesday 17 September 2013

Are people in the past kinder or modern days kinder?

           As generations pass, people’s characteristics change. There is an argument that determines whether people in the past are kinder, or the modern days people are kinder. I personally think that this is a good argument to be brought up. I think that people in the past are kinder and friendlier than before. This is because nowadays, people have computers and technology so that they can’t focus on interacting with other people. Next, people are too much busy and self-centered that they do not care about other people. People also had more time that they spent together as friends and families than nowadays.
           In the past, there was no technology and no computer. If there is no technology, they have to talk to people in order to catch up. However, nowadays, anyone that has a computer and an access to the internet can stay all night spending time on front of the computer. They would just stay in their house playing games or watching movies. Before, when people tried to watch a movie, they would have to go out to a movie theater and wait until they could watch it. During that time, many people interacted with different kinds of people. However, people nowadays are different. They just watch a movie in their house and do not go out to socialize with other people. They also can do facebook and other internet society, so they do not care about what they say. Therefore, they just say something bad about a person and no one cares about it. This should ber changed.
           People nowadays are too busy with their stuff and too much self-centered. They only think about themselves. When I was in Korea this summer, I was riding a public transportation to meet my friends. When I rode the bus, I saw a spot empty. However, when I was young, I was taught to spare the seat if there is an elder that is standing. I was sitting there for about 10 minutes when I saw a grandmother that was standing up with a bag in her hand. Without hesitating, I told her to sit in my place so that she could stay more comfortable. I, as a teenager, can stay standing way more than the elders. However, I rode the subway. There was too many people inside the subway station, and especially at the train. When I was looking around for seats, there was too many elders standing up. In front of them were teenagers sitting and using their cellphones. They did not look or even bother to look at the elders that were standing. Like this, society has become wicked and not caring for other people. This is the reason why I think that people in the past are friendlier than modern people.
           Lastly, people could gather with their cousins and families on holidays and spend money to celebrate them. However, nowadays, people do not even care about the cousins. I had a friend in Korea who had an uncle. The uncle and the aunt were always left out during a family reunion. I asked why, and he said that his uncle was not caring about the family and just minding his own business. People nowadays are unfriendly and care only about themselves. Before, they always gathered around and did at least a campfire and camping. However, nowadays, we don’t see many people who are camping with their families. They always just stay at their house and just do their own things.

           Societies should be changed and people should be friendlier to people who are worthy of respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment