Thursday 12 December 2013

Books I learned from.

           Today’s topic is: “Book I learned most from.” This is a hard topic because I never thought about this topic before. There are a lot of books that encouraged me and motivated me, but if I had to choose one book, I would choose SAT book. SAT is Standardized Achievement Test where you show off your English and math skills through critical thinking, math, and writing. This is so far the most influential book to me because it made me learn a lot of things. First, it taught me different types of vocabularies that I never knew or even heard before. Second, it made me have knowledge. Third, it made me concentrate and made me able to sit down and study for a long time.
           When I first heard about SAT, I hated it because at first it was the longest book that I’ve ever seen in my life. It looked like a bunch of hard words which I had no idea of the definition. However as I got to know SAT better, I knew that it would benefit me in a lot of ways. The first one is that I now learned a lot of definitions and made me read higher level books. At first, there were many vocabularies that I didn’t know. But as I started studying, I began memorizing words and definitions. It gave me a broader knowledge of the book. Before, I often skimmed through the words and only got the basic meaning of what the book meant. However, after I learned different words, I began to know a better meaning, and started to improve in the reading skill.
           Second good influence that I think of studying the SAT is that I gained knowledge as I study. The passages in the SAT critical reading are pieces differ from novels to other types. The more you read in the critical reading section, the higher score you will achieve. The higher score you will get, the better colleges and jobs you are going in.
           Third good influence that I think of studying the SAT is that it made me concentrate and made me able to sit down for a long time. If you become older, there are times when you need to keep on working no matter what, or when you need to finish a bunch of works in a short amount of time. In these two cases, you need to achieve it through experience. SAT has taught me these two important skill because in SAT, you have to focus about 4 hours until you finish. You can’t get out of the testing room just because you are tired, or you can’t wait 4 hours. Taking the SAT requires concentration and ability to sit down and not move. These two are important factors to succeed, and I learned it through the SAT books.

           There are many books that you can learn from, whether it be Bible, bibliography, or in my case, a SAT book. Some people might consider my book ridiculous. However, SAT books taught me three things. Taught me different types of vocabulary, gained knowledge over many fields, and it made me improve my concentration. I believe that SAT books are the most influential book in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment