Monday 12 August 2013

Describing Myself

         Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Yong Kwang Kim, and I attend eleventh grade of Saipan International School. My school is a diverse school where there are a lot of international students. The school is different from other schools because it has a lot of nationalities. There are Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Chamorro, Cambodians, Peruvians, Pilipino, and many more. Therefore, it’s pretty cool because I can face many different cultures.
         There are many foods that I like, but I love Jaeyook bokkum the most. Jaeyook bokkum is a frozen meat mixed with pepper paste and soy sauce. You can add other ingredients such as peppers and garlic to make it more spicy. The reason why I like Jaeyook bokkum is because it’s what my mom makes best. However, as I adopted to American culture, I started liking fast foods. I also like to eat hamburgers from whether Lotteria, Mcdonalds, or Burger King.
         I love to listen to music, especially Korean songs. Whenever I do something, I always have earphones and am listening to music. I also love to sing along, and sometimes dance, although I don’t really like dancing. I like to play musical instruments. I can play guitar, drum, and ukulele. I also like to play sports. My favorite sports are volleyball, basketball, and others. I actually like to play all sports except soccer. Basketball is my most favorite sport. I’ve been playing basketball since I was young with my brother. When he went to play, I followed him and went along with him. Because my brother is older than me, I began to play with bigger guys. At first, I was left out because I was small and I had no experience, however, as I started playing and learning basketball, they put me in the team to play with them.
         When I was young, I stayed with my grandmother in the house. My grandmother liked watching TV right in front. Because I had nothing to do, I started to sit next to her and watch TV together. However, this was a bad idea. If you watch the television right in front of the TV, your eyesight become bad. I started to wear glasses when I was in third grade until now. This is the only thing I regret doing when I was young.
         My family consists of four people, dad, mom, my brother, and me. My family is pretty cool because first, we have all blood types. My dad is type O, my mom is type AB, my brother type A, and I am type B. My father works as a tour guide, my mom works at the house, and my brother now goes to a college in Japan. I want to follow my brother to Japan. This winter, I think I’m going to Japan to visit my brother. It would be a nice experience because I’m thinking about going to a Japanese college. When I go to Japan, I would make Japanese friends so that I can have someone to meet when I go to a college in Japan.
         I also like to watch TV programs. I like to watch Korean drama, English drama, and just every TV programs that sounds fun. My favorite hobby is learning new languages. I am learning Japanese and Chinese right now. I’ve been learning Japanese for about 3 years, and Chinese for about 2 years. I like to learn new things because it means that it increases the things that I could do. Lastly, I love Saipan because it has a lot of opportunities for students to go to college.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment